Tuesday, 2 November 2010

Paranoid - Adventures in Hair Dye

I have never been less in need of a mirror factory. I wanted to imbue my crowning glory with an autumnal tone. Schwarzkopf's Live Colour XXL in 'Dark Spice' (the lesser known Spice Girl who shacked up with Old Spice) promised HOT REDS but instead delivered the 'Prince of Darkness' look.






Separated at birth?






A smidge too late for Halloween. I could've gone as one of The Craft.

Here's the packet for reference:







I couldn't find a man whose hair and indeed face had been polished to within an inch of its life, but Tails was happy to step in.





I am feeling neither hot nor red. Instead of a glossy metallic sheen I look like I belong in the era of hair metal. What did we learn, asides from the old 'don't judge a book by its cover' chesnut? TO FEAR CHANGE. The scariest Halloween costume of all! I don't know how that would work but I may do that next year. If I don't go as a man in retaliation to men who think dressing up as a woman constitutes a terrifying sight and an original concept. Having seen what sexist remarks have done for Stephen Fry this week, I will leave that one there.