Saturday, 31 December 2011

New Years Honours List 2012

I sometimes come across as a bit of a cunt on the internet, I’ll warrant. This is a wee, gruff, but heartfelt aside to let people understand I actually do like them, a lot, and I hope you have wondrous 2012s filled with success, good health and sexytime adventures. Oh, and #FF.

The London Lot

Kyle Your-Real-Name-Is-LUGER Birch - without question one of the warmest, kindest people I have met all year.

Dave Thank you for being a pervert when I needed it and a friend when I needed it. Same goes for

The Kentish Lot

Alex. ALEX K! Thank you for calming me whenever my PC (PCP!) does something detrimental to my soul like not start up immediately and reading 10,000 word emails and letting me dress you up like a girl.

Finch and Claire - I miss my toxic twins! I’m really pleased 2011 is ending so happily for you both.

Sophie - Thank you for the emails and for holding me up at Stay Beautiful, you gorgeous woman.

Alli. You’re alright. Sometimes. Even if you did unfollow me. Arsehole.

Charly Fellow Manics-fan with all the trappings that goes with that – wit, angst and firm friendship. Thank you for all the messages and the mousemat.

Kam Stopped off in Brighton for half an hour on his way to Canterbury. Five hours later we were blasting out breakcore in the Pavilion Gardens and drunkenly climbing up walls. You deserve a brilliant 2012 man.

The Brighton Lot

Rez Local sleb of the Brighton rawk scene who encouraged me out of hiding when I needed it most, and introduced me to a lot of cool people.

Alex Yet another person I added on Twitter for the sheer hell of it, and because they were very glamorous and witty. I have since been welcomed into her Twitter Family. #Dawww

Dave Thank you for the Christmas food/drink/film marathon and for making me cry wine by guessing the answer to the cracker joke “What’s brown and creeps around the house?” – which everyone knows is ‘Mince Spies’ – was “a ninja stick”.

Naomi for reminding me of the kindness of strangers. I met her entirely through chance on Twitter and haven’t looked back.

Rossilini - Both a dyke and a dick. Likes a drink as much as I do. And dubstep. Relentlessly funny fucker too.

Richey - I was trying to see how I could widen my local network since I’d sort of scuppered that with my scrapping of Facebook. I’d noticed him DJ-ing everywhere I went and thought he seemed like a cool person to get to know so I Googled the shit out of him. Thanks for not calling the police. And for sinking all my battleships. Yeah.

The Other Lot

James and Emma. Formerly a Kentish lot, now a Soton Lot, soon to be a Brighton lot – I live in hope!! Forever white wine in the sun.

Olliebanoffee Former Kentish lot, now global jetsetter. I would have to do a whole separate blog post to say how much your friendship has meant to me over the years. Thank you for travelling great distances to come and watch Cooking By the Book and listen to this with me.

Think of this as a kind of Twitlonger-thing (hopefully minus the sheer annoyance of that); there’s obviously people not on Twitter that have meant a lot to me in 2011 but they’ll probably get a nice, highly sought after, personalised text message instead. Like I did with everyone on Christmas day, which seriously ate into my stuffing myself with Quality Street and replacing my bodily fluids with Buck’s Fizz time.

Normal service will now be resumed.