Thursday, 12 June 2014

Monitoring

Baffled colleague: "I think someone's been going round at night switching off all the screens and the printers..."

Yes, that would be me.

Source

I find it so peculiar that office workers of Brighton (in my experience), although rightfully proud of the city's green endeavours, don't think to turn off office equipment when they leave.

It's even been suggested monitors be switched off if the PC isn't going to be in use for more than 20 minutes.

I was brought up that leaving a TV on standby was a waste of energy, and costly. It may not seem much, but it all adds up.

I apply this logic to computer monitors, but at times it seems like I'm in the minority in doing so. And it's become a real bugbear of mine.

Perhaps people think that when they shut down their PC the monitor switches itself off? Umm, yeah...that magic doesn't happen foo'.

Alohomora!

Sit tight for forthcoming entralling blog posts on switching lights off when you're not in the room, tightening dripping taps, and crushing bulky recycling.