Wrote this to commemorate living in Brighton for five years. Well, Hove Actually. Shush.
- Expectation: I will live here!
- Expectation: I will gorge myself on Cybercandy every day.
- Expectation: When friends visit I'm going to show them the high life!
- Expectation: I'm going to sample all the craft beers.
- Expectation: I will own at least five pairs of Irregular Choice shoes.
- Expectation: For basics, I'll go to Wilkinson's.
- Expectation: I'll buy my toiletries from Lush!
- Expectation: I'm going to see so many great bands!
- Expectation: I'll be within easy reach of London! Gonna see so many friends/exhibitions/gigs/cocktails!
- Expectation: Dere be good eatings! Chilli Pickle! Terre à Terre! La Choza! The Salt Room! The Coal Shed! Ginger Pig! Troll's Pantry! BBQ Shack!
Reality: You will live in a granny annexe in Woodingdean.
Reality: Once a week you might treat yourself to this from Aldi.
Reality: You'll discourage friends from visiting because it costs money to go outside.
Reality: I'm going to go to Spoons.
Reality: I will try to make a pair of Shoe Zone shoes last five years.
Reality: THERE IS NO WILKINSON'S.
Reality: I'll buy my toiletries from one of the many Wilkinson's substitutes on LNDN RD.
Reality: Can't afford a paid Spotify account.
Reality: Can't afford the bus to the train station.